Identify every possible source that may impede a student's ability to be retained, defined as successfully completing their Spring 2020 courses and registering for Summer sessions and/or Fall 2020, and identify solutions in support of all students.
- Develop a near-term institutional strategy to greatly improve student retention and persistence.
- Critically examine retention practices, strategies, programs and partnerships and analyses of best practices and metrics utilized by aspirational peer institutions.
- Identify strategies that help to ensure retention of all current students.
- Co-Chair: Christy Samarkos, Interim Vice President for Student Affairs
- Co-Chair: Randy Timm, Assistant Vice President for Campus Life & Dean of Students
- Chip Pierce, Associate Director, Systems in the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships
- Norah Shultz, Associate Vice President for the Division of Academic Engagement & Student Achievement
- Jessica Nare, Associate Chief Diversity Officer for Student Engagement
- Stefan Hyman, Interim Associate Provost for Enrollment and Retention Management at Stony Brook University
- Antionette Marbray, Associate Vice President for Student Affairs
- Sandra Temores-Valdez, Interim Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs - Enrollment
- Sean Hauze, Coordinator of Instructional Design & Academic Media
- Rich Levine, Professor of Statistics