Develop a near-term institutional strategy to greatly expand the opportunities and improve the efficacy of the High Impact Practice (HIP) of Service Learning, as well as community engagement, and experiential learning for all students, while ensuring that student success and achievement remains our highest priority.
- Critically examine service learning, community engagement, and experiential learning practices, strategies, programs and partnerships.
- Analyze best practices and metrics for offerings in a virtual format.
- Assess offerings to identify improvements so students can be civically-engaged and academically successful.
- Identify strategies to expand opportunities and improve the efficacy of programs for all students.
- Co-Chair: Jose Preciado, Director of General Studies
- Co-Chair: Vinod Sasidharan, Associate Professor of Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Amanda Fuller, Academic Coordinator and Lecturer for Compact Scholar & Academic Student Success Programs
- James Tarbox, Executive Director for Career Development and Services
- Cynthia Park, Executive Director of the Pre-College Institute and School of Teacher Education Professor
- Jessica Barlow, Director of the Division of Academic Engagement & Student Achievement and School of Speech
- Language and Hearing Sciences Professor
- Ronnee Schreiber, Associate Dean of the College of Arts and Letters
- Sarah Garrity, Department Chair and Associate Professor of Child and Family Development
- Caryl Montero-Adams, Assistant Director of Greek Life
"We are SDSU! Our collective efforts, whether in person or online, make a difference and contribute to the excellence of what SDSU is and who we will become. Please join in the many opportunities to become part of our expanding campus community, and to access the growth and learning that define our shared potential. "
-James J. Tarbox, Executive Director for Career Development and Services