World Campus and Virtual Instruction
To bolster SDSU’s already strong regional influence while expanding its transnational and global reach, directly address ways SDSU can expand educational access through the addition of online course and program offerings through the World Campus.
The team may also identify offerings that could result in technological, course design, and pedagogical advancements to also benefit faculty teaching in the virtual environment.
- Initially focus on the successful launch of SDSU microsites.
- Identify strateiges to expand educational opportunities for adult learners, complementing a strong commitment to the excellence of SDSU's traditional and in-person offerings.
- Identify opportunities to expand virtual offerings, including services and supports to help ensure student success.
- Co-chair: Jerry Sheehan, Chief Information Officer
- Co-chair: Radhika Seshan, Dean of SDSU World Campus
- Bruce Reinig, Interim Dean of the Fowler College of Business
- James Frazee, Chief Academic Technology Officer & Associate Vice President, Instructional Technology Services
- Joe Brock, Executive Director of Marketing for SDSU World Campus
- Antionette Marbray, Associate Vice President for Student Affairs
- Rose Pasenelli, Director of the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships
- J. Luke Wood, Vice President for Student Affairs and Campus Diversity
- Christina Molina, Director of Advising & Evaluations
- Joanna Brooks, Associate Vice President of Faculty Advancement
"Access and sustainability are core to the mission of SDSU World Campus. Extending SDSU's reach through microsites will connect our faculty and student services with students that need additional program flexibility supported with local resources. SDSU graduates from these microsites will further strengthen the San Diego regional workforce, and increase opportunities for economic mobility for adult learners."
-Radhika Seshan, Dean of SDSU World Campus