Clinical and Field Work
Ascertain how other universities are conducting instruction for clinical/field work-related courses to identify best practices regarding how to conduct virtual instruction for clinical and field work-related courses.
- Offer recommendations for faculty to consider when providing virtual instruction for clinical and field work-related courses.
- Co-chair: Barry Chung, Dean of the College of Education
- Co-chair: Steve Hooker, Dean of the College of Health and Human Services
- Kelly Presher, School of Exercise and Nutritional Sciences Director of Clinical Education
- Amanda Lee, School of Social Work Director of Field Education
- Helina Hoyt, Nursing Program Coordinator for SDSU Imperial Valley
- Juan Camarena, Program Director and Lecturer for the Community Base Block LPCC Program
- Lynne Bercaw, Professor and Director of the School of Teacher Education
- Elisa Sobo, Department Chair and Professor of Anthropology
- Michael L. Sloan, Lecturer in the Fowler College of Business
- Matthew Verbyla, Assistant Professor of Environmental Engineering
- Eric Starr, Lecturer of Brass Chamber Music
- Rulon W. Clark, Associate Professor of Biology
- Sarah Elkind, Director of the Center for Teaching and Learning
- Jaime Groth, Program Director for SDSU World Campus
"SDSU and SDSU-IV have really provided a coordinated effort to ensure ALL students are included and supported in continuous communication and individualized attention. Some have needed help dealing with stress, finances, health, technology, mentoring, and time management. A culture of connectedness has been established virtually and it is amazing to see students open up and say how important achieving educational goals during this difficult time has been."
-Helina Hoyt, SDSU Imperial Valley Nursing Program Coordinator