Bachelor of Science
About the Major
SDSU’s program in real estate will provide you with analytical skills, technical competence to perform market analyses, and an understanding of the tools necessary to perform in today’s complex real estate industry. Each graduate from the real estate program is trained to join any real estate organization and make an impact from their first day of employment.
Your courses will examine the ever-changing real estate environment and prepare you for diverse opportunities in development, finance, brokerage, property and asset management, appraisal, mortgage banking, and corporate real estate.
- Law of Real Property
- Real Estate Finance
- Theory of Real Property Value
- Real Estate Investment Analysis
Real estate graduates pursue careers with mortgage, property management, real estate appraisal, brokerage, leasing, and real estate development companies. In addition, opportunities exist within financial services firms in real-estate-related activities.
- Keller Williams Realty, Inc.
- Wells Fargo
- Critical thinking & analysis
- Research & presentation
- Communication (with peers and supervisors)
- Solve problems and make detailed observations
- The ability to work well with others
- An understanding of economics and finance
- Leadership skills