Link to helpful information about:
- Enrollment requirements
- F-1 student employment
- Get involved at SDSU!
- Health insurance requirements for F-1 students
- International Student Association
- Orientation (new students)
- Other Requirements
- Travel & Re-Entry
The ISC is your primary liaison with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS). ISC advisors are well informed on F-1 and J-1 immigration regulations and can advise you on proper compliance and procedures. The ISC website also provides extensive and detailed information on a variety of topics.
Check with us first!
It is important that you do not rely on the advice of friends regarding immigration matters. Because situations often vary, it is best to check with the ISC through our website or with an ISC advisor on all matters that might affect your visa status.
Consult with the ISC before you do anything that might jeopardize your right to remain in the U.S.
- Begin a new degree objective
- Change of financial sponsors
- Transfer schools
- Leave the U.S. (even to Tijuana)
- Accept any employment or internship
Immigration Information and Regulations
- Maintaining your status: Learn how to maintain your immigration status as an F-1 or J-1 student
- Employment information: Learn about the rules for on-campus and off-campus employment and internships