Newly Admitted Students
Welcome to new international students who have been admitted to, and are planning to attend San Diego State University to complete a degree program in F1 status. This page is a guide to:
- Explain the steps required to obtain an I-20 document
- Other steps you need to complete specifically as an international student
- Links to other resources and requirements for all new students intending to enroll at San Diego State University.
Requesting an I-20
In order to study at San Diego State University in F1 status, you will need a valid I-20 document for the program for which you have been admitted.
- have already received official confirmation that you have been admitted to San Diego State University to begin your degree AND
- have already submitted your Intent to Enroll
Please take the following steps in order to request your I-20 documents:
- Log in to my.SDSU
- Go to the Tasks tile
- Upload the following documents:
- Current Valid Passport (clear copy of full biographic page)
- Completed Financial Statement Form - ensure all relevant sections are completed and signed. See example.
- Supporting financial documents - Please review the guidance on acceptable supporting documentation carefully before submitting your documents to avoid processing delays.
Deadline to submit financial documents for Spring 2024 Admits: December 1st, 2023
Please allow 7 business days following a complete submission to receive your I-20 via email. Incomplete documents will need to be resubmitted and this will delay the processing time. Please do not email documents.
Guidance for SEVIS Transfer Students
- Complete other Steps to Enroll as indicated by International Admissions
- Check your SDSU email for updates and important information including details of the International Student Welcome Check In which you will be required to attend.
- You must purchase the required JCB Health Insurance Policy before the Program Start Date indicated on your I-20.
- Sign up for the New Student and Parent Programs (NSPP) All Student Orientations
Useful ISc Resources for New Admitted International Students:
- Welcome Check-in (required) for new international students takes place during the ISC’s Orientation
- For more information on special Programs and Activities for international students including how to join international student organizations and participate in the ISC Ambassador Program.
- Health Insurance
- Contact the ISC for help
- If you have further pre-arrival questions about your I-20 document, arrival in the US, SEVIS transfer or international student welcome check in, please email [email protected]
OTHER USEFUL SDSU RESOURCES FOR NEW ADMITTED INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS:
- Log in to your my.SDSU
- International Admissions - questions about the application process, admission status or general Steps to Enroll
- SDSU Housing and Residential Education Office - questions relating to on campus housing
- Health, Safety & Well-being - including questions relating to Covid Clearance and Immunization requirements.
- SDSU Student Account Services - questions relating to fees and payments
- SDSU Orientation for all new students
- SDSU Student Organizations - Information on existing student organizations you may wish to join once enrolled at SDSU.