Undocumented Students

If you are an undocumented student with DACA or you are a TPS holder, here are the most important things to remember if you are considering a global education experience outside the US:
  1. You will need to plan 9-17 months in advance to allow time for your Advance Parole application (requires meeting with a lawyer to make sure that it is safe for you to travel - the SDSU Undocumented Resource Center recommends the free service offered via Jewish Family Services: HELS JFS )
  2. You will need to have an active passport and DACA
  3. SDSU's required Travel Abroad Insurance policy will cover SDSU students with DACA for their global education experience outside the US.
  4. You will need to work closely with you Global Education Advisor and other SDSU resources such as the SDSU Undocumented Resource Center
  5. DACA regulations are constantly changing, so you will need to ensure you have reviewed the most updated information about your status and the associated risks of international travel prior to your departure.
SDSU has an approved option abroad that was specifically created for DACA students and includes support for Advance Parole:
Global education does not mean that you have to cross a US border. 
If you are undocumented and do not have DACA: